Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Local Blog and Podcast Example

Virginia Community College Systems has a blog they do. They are a state agency and oversee all the community colleges. They say their blog is "dedicated to updating you on the latest news and information about Virginia higher education generally and Virginia’s Community Colleges specifically." They have 4 contributors that work at the agency.

http://vahighered.com/


They are also doing a podcast about once a week and they promote their podcast within their blog. They interview students and staff. They have an intro with music and an announcer.

http://vahighered.com/podcast/

Thought it was worth checking out-
Dena

2 comments:

vidachristy said...

great information!
Thanks for sharing...I'll be sure to check them out myself.

Kirsten McKinney said...

Thanks for this, Dena! Being that it is a state run blog and higher ed, it is going to help me a lot when I have to write my proposal for us to have a Financial Aid blog - an idea I had in class on Monday.

You read right...I have to write a proposal for a blog.